Презентация на тему: " The Golden Ring Yuriev-Polsky School 12 Electrostal." — Транскрипт:
The Golden Ring Yuriev-Polsky School 12 Electrostal
Yuriev-Polsky was first mentioned in 1152 and was named after Yury Dolgoruky.
Some Pages from Its History Mid-17th century - trade and industrial growth. Trade in grain, flax and wool Yuriev-Poskoy is a chief town of a region of the Vladimir province. 18th century - development of yarn and fabric manufacturing. Second half of the19th century - further industrial development foundation of the Vladimir area with Yuriev-Polskoy as its part.
"On the upper side of the shield are depicted the arms of Vladimir, on the bottom side on a silvery field there are two baskets filled with cherries." It was approved by authorities in 1781.
Yuriev-Polsky is famous for St. Georges Cathedral. The cathedral is one-domed with four pillars, three apses, elevated supporting arches, with square columns and a balcony.
If you come to this wonderful town dont forget to visit wooden churches and the Kremlin.
Yuriev-Polsky is a regional center of the Vladimir area located 68 km away from Vladimir. It is situated north-west of Vladimir in the Upper Koloksha, tributary of the Klyazma and Gza, occupying a part of the Vladimir high plain from which springs the addition to its name - Polsky.