1.When is Christmas celebrated in Europe? a. On the 24th of December; b. On the I st of January; с. On the 25th of December.
2. Do Russians celebrate that holiday? a. yes; b. no;
3.When do they celebrate it? а. on the 26th of December; b. on the 7th of January; c. on the 13th of January
4. Whose birthday is celebrated on Christmas? a. Queen Elizabeth; b. Jesus Christ; c. William Shakespeare.
5. What country gave us the tradition to decorate the Christmas tree in Russia? a. France; b. England; c. Germany.
6. Who introduced the tradition to decorate the Christmas tree in Russia? a. Peter the Great. b. King Henry VIII. c. William the Conqueror.
7. When was the custom of decorating Christmas trees with candles and presents introduced in Britain? a. After Queen Victoria married Prince Philip. b. After Queen Victoria married Prince Albert. c. After Lady Diana Spencer married Prince Charles.
8. Where does the most famous Christmas tree stand in London? а. In Buckingham palace. b. In the Tower of London. c. In Trafalgar Square.
9.Whose present is it? a. from the people of Norway. b. from the people of Russia. c. from the people of Scotland.
10. What do they call Father Frost in the west? a. Frosty the Snowman. b. Jingle Bells. c. Santa Claus.