Презентация на тему: " Saint-Petersburg The Manege and The Anichkov Bridge." — Транскрипт:
Saint-Petersburg The Manege and The Anichkov Bridge
The Manege is situated in the south-western corner of St Isaacs Square. It look lire an ancient temple and was built after the design of Giacomo Quarenghi between 1804 and 1807.
The Manege was built in the classical style. Over the entrance there is a bas-relief. Wide stairs are graced with two marble sculptures of Dioscuri. The Dioscuri are the heroes of ancient mythology twin brothers Pollux and Castor.
Close to the Manege at the beginning of a boulevard there are two columns crowned with figures of Glory. They were placed here between 1845 and The sculptures of the goddesses of Glory hold laurel wreaths.
Nowadays, the Manege building houses the exhibition hall of the Union of Artists. The wonderful art exhibition are organized regularly in this building. This building is one of the best architectural monuments of St Petersburg.
The Anichkov Bridge is situated where Nevsky Prospect and the Fontanka River intersect. It was named after an Admiralty engineer Major Mikhail Anichkov.
The first wooden bridge in this place was built in The present bridge was build between 1839 and 1841 by the engineer Andrey Gotman and the architect Alexander Bryullov.
The length of the bridge is 54 metres. The width is 37 metres. Klodt finished on the first two sculptural in He cast them in bronze.
The remaining two sculptural were given as a present to the King of Naples and placed in the garden of the San Carlo Theatre in Naples. The two pairs were placed on the Anichkov Bridge.
This sculptural have always been considered a success since the moment of their creation. These outstanding works have become one of the symbols of St Petersburg.