2. Work in pairs. Match the problems and the situations that cause them. Ecological problems A. Air pollution B. Water pollution C. Land pollution D. Acid rain E. The ozone layer F. Greenhouse effect G. Animals disappear H. Litter is thrown every where Influence We kill the wild animals. We dont recycle paper, glass and cans. We throw chemicals in the river. The fire is left in the forest. We cut down the trees. Our factories throw a lot of dirt into the air. We are polluting the atmosphere. Our drinking water is full of chemicals. The seas are dirty because we continue to put chemicals and litter into them. We spend too much energy and burn a lot of gas, coal (уголь) and oil (нефть) This causes global warming. Three hundred thousand square kilometers of forests disappear every year. The gases from aerosol cans and refrigerators can destroy the ozone layer. A lot of animals are disappearing.
3. Read the slogans. Name the ecological problems. What we must/mustnt do to solve the problems? Put litter in the bin. Dont use sprays! Keep all water clean! Collect paper, bottles and metal. Plant trees! Feed birds and animals! Dont break trees! Dont leave litter in the forest! Recycle! Dont cut down trees. Take care of the animals. Dont drive, use bikes. Dont put chemicals in water
4. British children often write to the Young Telegraph newspaper what they are worried about. Read the letter and name the problem that Tom Brown worried about? What people must do in his city? Dear sirs, Im very worried when people throw away litter. Near my house, there is a river. It is polluted with glass bottles, cartons and cans. Lots of fish and baby ducks are killed. I find this problem very worrying. Tom Brown
5. Pair work. Name the problems in your home village. What we must do to solve them?
6. Hometask: Write a letter to Greenpeace about ecological problems in your home town. Suggest what measures should be made for solving them. Use Tom Browns letter as the example.
When the last tree is cut down and the last fish killed, the last river poisoned, then you will see that you cant eat money! What world would you choose?