Презентация на тему: " Ukraine Презентацію створено за допомогою компютерної програми ВГ «Основа» «Електронний конструктор уроку»" — Транскрипт:
Ukraine Презентацію створено за допомогою компютерної програми ВГ «Основа» «Електронний конструктор уроку»
Vocabulary 1. Match the definitions of the main geographical terms on the left with the words on the right. 1) The most important town in a country is... 2) A large town is... 3) A rounded and raised landform, not as high as mountain, is... climate; 4) Low ground between hills is... a) a hill; b) a lake; c) a; d) a city; e) a valley;
5) A body of land surrounded by water, smaller than a continent, is... 6) A big piece of water with land around it is.. 7) A large stream of water that flows across the land is... 8) The body of salt water covering nearly three-fourths the of Earths surface is... 9) The weather that a place has is... 10) A very dry area where few plants grow is... f) a desert; j) an island; i) an ocean; g) a capital; h) a river;
2. Underline two of the words on the right which are associated with or are part of the word on the left.
3. Students are divided into 2 groups to decide what to say about Ukraine. They are to complete the table on the blackboard. Representatives of the groups write, read and comment on their ideas. Students speak about Ukraine according to their plans.
4. Fill in the blanks with the words from the box. 1) The Ukrainian __ is blue and yellow. 2) There are two __ on the Ukrainian flag. 3) There are twenty-five __ in Ukraine. 4) The __ of Ukraine is temperate. 5) The __ of the country is about 48 million people. 6) Ukraine occupies __ of km2. 7) The biggest __ are Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa and others. 5. Pre-reading activity. Working with the map. Fill in the blanks in the following sentences. Ukraine is situated in __ part of Central Europe. It borders on __. The main river in Ukraine is __. The biggest cities of our country are __.
Reading At the Map of Ukraine 1. Use the words from the box to complete the sentences. The term Ukraina was mentioned for the __ lands of the Rus State. The treeless summits of the Carpathians are called __ The climate of Ukraine is __ and warm. The Ukrainian __ occupies the second place among the Slav languages. The name Ukraine came into being in the process of __ of the Ukrainian nationality.
2. Substitute the underlined pronouns. Climate, rivers, lowlands, chronicles, flat summits 1) The term Ukraina was mentioned in them. 2) It is mild and warm. 3) There are many of them in Ukraine. 4) They occupy a considerable part of the country. 5) The Carpathians have them. 3. Answer the questions. 1) What is the history of Ukraine? 2) What is the territory of Ukraine? 3) What are the climate and geographical position of Ukraine ideal for? 4) What is the role of the Dnipro? 4. Look through the text first. Then put in the missing words.
Speaking Work in groups. 1. Use the words from the box to complete the sentences. Students are given a chart about Ukraine to complete and make up a story. Official name Ukraine. Area km2. Population 48 million. Capital city Kyiv. The highest mountain Hoverla (2.061 metres), Roman Kosh (1.545 metres). The longest river the Dnipro. Climate mild and warm.
1) The Declaration on the State __ of Ukraine was adopted in ) The Declaration __ the equality of all citizens of Ukraine. 3) The __ power belongs to the Supreme Council of Ukraine. 4) The __ power is headed by the Prime Minister. 5) The __ agreement was signed in Maryinski Palace, the residence of the President of Ukraine. 2. Listen to the text and fill in the blanks in the following text with the words from the box.