17. How many states are there in the USA? a) a) a)48 b)50 c)52 d) 49
25. When did Christopher Columbus discover America? a. in 1492 b.in 1552 c.in 1521 d.in 1392
46. Who discover America? a.Mark Twain b.Christopher Columbus c.Americo Vesputcher d.Robert Louis Stevenson
87. Where did Christopher Columbus go? a.to the west b.to the east c. to the south d.to the north
52. When did the first English settlements appear in America? a.at the beginning of the sixteenth century b. at the beginning of the fifteenth century c.at the beginning of the twentieth century d.at the beginning of the eighteenth century
69. What was the name of the ship on which the group of English people sailed from England? a.The Aprilflower b.The Mayflower c.The Springflower d.The Newflower
16. In what houses did native Americans live? a.in small earth houses b.in big earth houses c.in skyscrapers d.in comfortable cottages
49. What did Native Americans believe in? a.in nature b.in guns c.in gods that lived in trees, water, stones d.in future life
82. What did Native Americans do before they went hunting or fishing? a.had special ceremonies with dances and music b.played football c.slept all night long d.did nothing
28. What is a very important part of the native Americans' traditions? a.books and magazines b.songs and poems c. photos and pictures d.TV- sets and computers
65. What was a famous American tradition? a.watching TV b.reading books c.chewing gum d.smoking the pipe of peace
57. How many colonies were there in America in 1733? a.11 b.12 c.13 d.14
Match the holiday and the day it is celebrated. New Years Day April 1st St Valentines Day December 31st Halloween June 14th Veterans Day February 14th St Patricks Day October 31st Aprils Fools Day November 11th New Years Eve January 1st Flag Day March 17th Independence Day December 25th Christmas Day July 4th
New Years Day January 1 st St Valentines Day February 14 th Halloween October 31 st Veterans Day November 11 th St Patricks Day March 17 th Aprils Fools Day April 1 st New Years Eve December 31 st Flag Day June 14 th Independence Day July 4 th Christmas Day December 25 th
Read the texts and find some mistakes. Every foor year February has an extra day. Tradetion says that on this dey girls can ask boys to goo to the movies or out to diner. A girl can even asks a boy to marry her! One Sunday in Mey is Mothers dey and one Sunday in June is Fathers Day. Childrens spend the day with their perents. Thay give them cards, flowors and presents.
Every four year February has an extra day. Tradition says that on this day girls can ask boys to go to the movies or out to dinner. A girl can even ask a boy to marry her! One Sunday in May is Mothers day and one Sunday in June is Fathers Day. Children spend the day with their parents. They give them cards, flowers and presents.
Ask five questions to the sentence. Children spend the day with their parents. 1.Do they spend the day with their parents? 2.Do they spend the day or the week with their parents? 3.Children spend the day with their parents, dont they? 4.What do they do? 5.Who spends the day with the parents?
Your home task: make a story about Wild West exercises: 16 page 130, 14 page 135 will help you.