Past Progressive tense Френдак Галина Емельяновна, учитель английского языка Копьевской средней школы. - презентация
Презентация была опубликована
2 года назад
Презентация по предмету "Иностранный язык" на тему: "Past Progressive tense Френдак Галина Емельяновна, учитель английского языка Копьевской средней школы.". Скачать бесплатно и без регистрации. — Транскрипт:
Past Progressive tense Френдак Галина Емельяновна, учитель английского языка Копьевской средней школы
Употребление Для выражения действий, которые происходили в точно указанный момент времени в прошлом. Момент времени может быть выражен: 1.Точным указанием времени, когда происходило действие. 2.Прошедшим действием, выраженным глаголом в Past Simple.
TO BE I was He was She was It was We were You were They were
Пароли Yesterday at 5 oclock The day before yesterday at midnight When the film began When mum came Last year in April etc
REMEMBER С некоторыми глаголами Past Progressive НЕ употребляется! Эти глаголы употребляются в Past Simple. I was loving you. I loved you.
Не употребляется с to love - любить to remember – помнить to like – нравиться to need – нуждаться to forget – забывать to be – быть, находиться to hate - ненавидеть
НЕ УПОТРЕБЛЯЕТСЯ С to see – видеть to know – знать to hear – слышать to want – хотеть to believe – верить to understand - понимать
СХЕМА to be + V ing They were going to Abakan when they saw an accident. Они ехали в Абакан, когда увидели аварию.
Lets repeat I was we were you were they were he was she was it was
Утвердительное предложение I was cooking dinner when you called..
Отрицательное предложение I wasnt playing computer yesterday at 3 oclock. I was reading a book.
Общий вопрос Was she walking her dog when I called. Yes, she was. No, she wasnt.
Альтернативный вопрос You didnt answer the phone. Were you sleeping or working on your computer when I called?
Разделительный вопрос She was reading a book at 3 p.m., wasnt she? She wasnt dancing at 9 p.m., was she? Yes, she was. No, she wasnt.
Вопрос к подлежащему Who was playing the piano in your flat yesterday at midnight? My cat was..
Специальный вопрос Ann was writing a letter to her granny yesterday at 5 oclock. What was Ann doing yesterday at 5 oclock? When was Ann writing a letter to her granny? To whom was Ann writing a letter yesterday at 5 oclock?
Lets practice (Yesterday at 5 oclock) 1. Timothy (to feed) his dog. 2. Mr. Jones (to clean) his yard. 3. Nancy (to paint) her kitchen. 4. Our neighbours (to wash) their car. 5. I (to wash) my hair. 6. Who (to fix) your sink? 7. What she (to do) now? – She (to dance). 8. The children (to brush) their teeth. 9. What he (to do) at the moment? – He (to fix) his bicycle. 10. They (to have) a big dinner together. 11. The boys (to run) about the garden. 12. I (to do) my homework. 13. John and his friends (to go) to the library. 14. Ann (to sit) at her desk. She (to study) geography. 15. A young man (to stand) at the window. He (to smoke) a cigarette. 16. The old man (to walk) about the room. 17. The dog (to lie) on the floor. 18. You (to have) break? 19. What they (to talk) about? 20. John (to play) computer games. 1
Present or Past Progressive 1. I (to write) an English exercise now. 2. I (to write) an English exercise at this time yesterday. 3. My little sister (to sleep) now. 4. My little sister (to sleep) at this time yesterday. 5. My friends (not to do) their homework now. They (to play) volleyball. 6. My friends (not to do) their homework at seven oclock yesterday. They (to play) volleyball. 7. She (to read) the whole evening yesterday. 8. She (not to read) now. 9. Now she (to go) to school. 10. What you (to do) now? – I (to drink) tea. 2
1. I (to go) to the cinema yesterday. 2. I (to go) to the cinema at four oclock yesterday. 3. I (to go) to the cinema when you met me. 4. I (to do) my homework the whole evening yesterday. 5. I (to do) my homework when mother came home. 6. I (to do) my homework yesterday. 7. I (not to do) my homework at eight yesterday. 8. I (to do) my homework at six oclock yesterday. 9. I (not to play) the piano yesterday. 10. I (not to play) the piano at four oclock yesterday. I (to read) a book. Past Simple or Past Progressive 3
1. When I (to come) home, my little sister (to sleep). 2. When Nick (to come) home, his brother (to play) with his toys. 3. When mother (to phone) home, I (to do) my homework. 4. When father (to come) home, Pete (to sleep). 5. When mother (to come) home, the children (to play) on the carpet. 6. When I (to get up), my mother and father (to drink) tea. 7. When I (to come) to my friends place, he (to watch) TV. 8. When I (to see) my friends, they (to play) football. 9. When I (to open) the door, the cat (to sit) on the table. 10. When Kate (to open) the door, the children (to dance) round the Christmastree. Past Simple or Past Progressive 4
READ THE TEXT An Embarrassing Incident One day last summer I was walking through the local park. It was a hot day and I was eating an ice cream. As I was walking past the boating lake, I saw my friends, Carol and Jim. They were taking their dog for a walk. When we met, we stopped for a chat. While we were talking, the dog suddenly jumped up and tried to get my ice cream. I pulled my hand away and unfortunately the ice-cream came out of the cone. Now there was a bald man behind me. The poor man wasn't doing any harm. He was just sitting on a bench and reading a newspaper. Well, when I pulled my hand away, the ice cream flew through the air and it landed on the man's head. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. When I looked at my friends, they weren't just laughing, they were in hysterics. But I was terribly embarrassed. 5
1.Where was the boy walking one day ? 2.What was he eating? 3.Who was taking a dog for a walk? 4.Was a bald man sitting on a bench or walking along the road? 5.The poor man wasn't doing any harm, was he? 6.I wonder why Carol and Jim were laughing? Answer the questions : 6
This morning was really beautiful. The sun (shine), the birds (sing) and everyone in the street (smile) and (say) hello to each other. Mrs Patrik looked beautiful last night. She (wear) a lovely evening dress. When we arrived, she (make) some coffee. While I (have) a bath the telephone rang. While we (walk) in the park it began to rain. He wind (blow) and the rain (beat) down. John (stand) at the bus stop shivering. He (try) to imagine being at home sitting by a warm fire. Finally he saw the lights of the bus which (approach) from the distance. 7 Open the brackets
At 3 o'clock yesterday a geometry lesson (go) on. The teacher (draw) diagrams on the blackboard but I (look) through the window and heard nothing. I (think) about the coming New Year's party. She promised not to report me to the police but ten minutes later I saw that she (talk) with a policeman and from the expression on his face I understood that she (tell) him about me. The dentist's waiting room was full of people. Some (read) magazines, others just (turn) over the pages. A woman (knit), a child (play) with a toy car. Everybody (wait) for the nurse to say "Next, please". I lit the fire at 6.00 and it (burn) brightly when Jane came in. - The house next to yours was full of policemen and police dogs yesterday. - What they (do)? - I heard that they (look) for drugs. "What you (do) between 9.00 and yesterday?" asked the detective. "I (clean) my house", said Mrs Jones. "I always clean my house at this time"
Mr Smith never (wake) in time in the mornings and always (get) into trouble for being late; so one day he (go) to town and (buy) an alarm clock. To get home he (have to) go through a field where a bad-tempered bull usually (graze). This bull normally (not chase) people unless something (make) him angry. Unfortunately, as Mr. Smith (cross) the field, his alarm clock (go) on. This (annoy) the bull, who immediately (begin) to chase Mr Smith.Mr Smith (carry) an open umbrella as it (rain) slightly. He (throw) the umbrella to the ground and (run) away as fast as he could. The bull (stop) and (begin) to attack the umbrella. While he (do) this Mr Smith escaped. 8 Open the brackets
1. When I to school I John. (walk/see) 2. When I in the kitchen Mary. (help/come) 3. While she the soup the children. (cook/play) 4. While they cards the baby. (play/sleep) 5. When I in the garden my uncle. (work/call) 6. Carol TV while Bob and Peter football. (watch/play) 7. When she her hair the baby to cry. (wash/begin) 8. A strong wind when the plane. (blow/land) 9. When she tennis it to rain. (play/began) 10. When I TV the lights out. (watch/go) 11. While he the piano she to him. (play/listen) 12. While she up her room he his car. (tidy/wash) 13. The boys in the garden while she the flowers. (help/water) 14. He Mary when he through the park. (meet/walk) 15. We computer games while she a book. (play/read) 9 Open the brackets
1.They (have) tea when the doorbell (ring). 2. Father (smoke) his pipe while mother (read) a magazine. 3. While he (mow) the lawn it (start) to rain. 4. He (have) breakfast when the toaster (blow) up. 5. When I (come) into the office my boss (wait) for me. 6. When we (see) Brian he (drive) a taxi. 7. Father (wait) in the car while mother (do) the shopping. 8. When he (arrive) we (have) dinner. 9. While they (play) chess we (go) shopping. 10. They (have) a party while he (sleep). 11. He (take) a photo when I (feed) the ducks. 12. They (play) football when the lights in the stadium (go) out. 13. While George and John (clean) their room she (do) the ironing. 14. Sam (do) the ironing when Jack (phone) her. 15. We (wait) at Victoria station when the train (arrive). 10
1. They (play) cards when the postman (come). 2. I (sweep) the floor when I (hear) a noise. 3. She (watch) TV when the doorbell (ring). 4. We (hear) a cry and (run) into the kitchen. 5. First Sam (buy) the newspaper and then he (take) the plane to Chicago. 6. Susan and Sally (play) tennis when it (begin) to rain. 7. I think she (wear) her new hat when I (see) her at the zoo. 8. A lot of children (wait) at the station when the star (arrive). 9. They (have) their supper when they (hear) about the accident. 10. When the phone (ring) mum (work) in the garden. 11. Sally (take) a photo when I (dance). 12. They (read) a book when the lights (go) out. 13. While George (repair) his bike Bill (play) computer games. 14. We (talk) about the movie while we (walk) home. 15. They (forget) our lunch at home last Friday. 11 Open the brackets
1. I (look) out of the window and (see) John. 2. I (help) to peel the potatoes when Mary (come) in. 3. The sun (rise) when we (reach) the hill. 4. He (laugh) and (clap) his hand. 5. While they (sing) he (play) the piano. 6. A heavy wind (blow) when the helicopter (land). 7. We (go) to the church when the bell (start) to ring. 8. While te police (drive) to the house the burglars (put) the paintings into their bags. 9. Father (smoke) his pipe while mother (read) a book. 10. The baby (start) to cry when she (do) the washing up. 11. While he (walk) through the park he (meet) Phil. 12. When they (walk) through the wood they (see) the stolen car. 13. Although the pianist (play) wonderfully a guest (fall) asleep. 14. She (brush) her hair while he (put) on his clothes. 15. When they (walk) through the shopping centre he (promise) to buy her a ring. 12
Fill in past simple or past progressive 1. When Mrs. Golan (open) the door her children (do) their homework and her husband (read) the newspaper. 2. What you (do) yesterday morning? I (study) for an exam. 3. he (arrive) to the meeting last Friday? 4. they (paint) the walls when your mother (come) home? 5. While Dan (repair) the car his sister (work) in the garden. 6. They (watch) television when the lights (go) out. 7. While mother (hang) up the clothes her two daughters (wash) the dishes. 8. Tom (water) the flowers when it (start) to rain. 9. She (talk) on the phone when I (arrive). 10. I (read) a book when you (call) me. 11. The children (play) tennis when their grandmother (come) to visit them. 12. When Mrs Smith (enter) the room her children (listen) to the radio very loudly. 13. Ann (sweep) the floor while John (make) the beds. 14. The parents (sleep) while the baby (play) quietly in her bed. 15. When the teacher (walk) into the room the pupils (make) a lot of noise. 13
1. George (fall) off the ladder while he (paint) the ceiling. 2. Last night I (read) in the bed when I suddenly (hear) a scream. 3. you (you watch) TV when I (call) you? 4. Ann (wait) for me when I (arrive). 5. I (not drive) very fast when the accident (happen). 6. I (break) a plate last night. I (wash) the dishes when it (slip) out of my hand. 7. Tom (take) some photos when I (play) in the garden. 8. We (not go) out because it (rain). 9. What (you do) last week? 10. I (see) Carol at the party. She (wear) a new dress. 11. The phone (ring) when I (take) a shower. 12. It (begin) to rain when I (walk) home. 13. We (see) an accident when we (wait) for the bus. 14. The children (sleep) all night. 15. The car (make) strange noises all the way home. 14 Open the brackets
ИСПОЛЬЗОВАННЫЕ РЕСУРСЫ: b99d2f4ef f3f600e.gif Умная сова b99d2f4ef f3f600e.gif Мики Маус- художник Сова с указкой Повар Мальчик читает книгу мужчина с компьютером дама с собачкой 07/thumbs/ _konachan.com aisaka_taiga-toradora.jpg девочка спит 07/thumbs/ _konachan.com aisaka_taiga-toradora.jpg девочка за компьютером девочка читает книгу tantsuet.png девочка танцует tantsuet.png
котенок за роялем женщина пишет письмо 07/ _f_7f678c071b19ce5e1af0aa0806af39ec29b955e2.jpg солнышко 07/ _f_7f678c071b19ce5e1af0aa0806af39ec29b955e2.jpg _e.htm упражнения _e.htm упражнения