1.Three men were fishing.The boat flipped over and the three men fell into the water. Two of the men got their hair wet. Why didnt the third mans hair get wet? 2. You enter a dark room. You have only one match. There is an oil lamp, a candle, and a stove in the room. Which would you light first?
3. You and a group of your friends are in the library. One friend says there is a $100 dollar bill hidden between pages 75 and 76 of a book in the library. But you decide not to go and look for it. Why? 4. Marys father has 4 children; there are named Nana, Nene, and Nini. So what is the 4 th child name?
1.This hobby is popular of all ages. People like to go the stadium or to the sport ground. They are strong and cheerful. 2.It is interesting and useful. People try to find or buy different things such as stamps, badges, coins, pictures. 3.People like to work I the garden and to spend some time in the fresh air.They are fond of flowers, bushes, trees, plants. 4.People like to go to the library. Some of them have a good collection of books at home. And they are really proud of it.
1) It is a square in central London, England. With its position in the heart of London, it is a tourist attraction; and one of the most famous squares in the United Kingdom and the world. At its centre is Nelson's Column, which is guarded by four lion statues at its base. Statues and sculptures are on display in the square, including a fourth plinth displaying changing pieces of contemporary art, and it is a site of political demonstrations.London EnglandUnited Kingdom Nelson's Columndemonstrations
2) It is the official London residence of the British monarch. Located in the City of Westminster, the palace is a setting for state occasions and royal hospitality. It has been a rallying point for the British people at times of national rejoicing and crisis.LondonBritish monarch City of Westminsterpalace
3) The is a central tower at the Tower of London. The great central keep was started in 1078 by William the Conqueror who ordered the White Tower to be built inside the south-east angle of The City walls, adjacent to the River Thames.  This was as much to protect the Normans from the people of the City of London as to protect London from outside invaders. William ordered the Tower to be built of Caen stone, which he had specially imported from France, and appointed Gundulf, Bishop of Rochester as the architect. The tower was finished around 1087 by his sons and successors, William Rufus and Henry I.Tower of LondonWilliam the ConquerorThe CityRiver Thames  NormansCity of LondonCaen stoneFrance GundulfBishop of RochesterarchitectWilliam RufusHenry I
4) It is the Anglican cathedral on Ludgate Hill in the City of London and the seat of the Bishop of London. The present building dates from the 17th century and is generally reckoned to be London's fifth St Paul's Cathedral, not counting every major medieval reconstruction as a new cathedral. The cathedral sits on the highest point of the City of London, which originated as the Roman trading post of Londinium situated on the River Thames. The cathedral is one of London's most visited sightsAnglicancathedralLudgate HillCity of LondonBishop of London 17th centuryCity of London Romantrading postLondiniumRiver Thames
5 ) It is one of the worlds greatest churches, a designated World Heritage Site and Royal Peculiar, which means the Dean is directly answerable to the monarch. The coronation of Kings and Queens has taken place here and many of the nations Kings and Queens are buried in the Abbey. Also buried or memorialised here are over 3,000(Thousand) great men and women from almost every century of these islands history: statesmen and politicians, lawyers, warriors, clerics, writers, artists and musicians.
6)___ also known as the Palace of Westminster, are home to the House of Commons and the House of Lords and the famous clock tower Big Ben.
Answers: 1. Trafalgar Square 2. Buckingham Palace 3. White Tower 4. St Paul's Cathedral 5. Westminster Abbey 6. Houses of Parliament
9.But now you themselves will be able to in the surveys of fairy tales. To you it is proposed to record small episodes in the English. 9.But now you themselves will be able to in the surveys of fairy tales. To you it is proposed to record small episodes in the English. (А сейчас вы сами сможете поучаствовать в съемках сказок. Вам предлагается озвучить небольшие эпизоды на английском языке.) (А сейчас вы сами сможете поучаствовать в съемках сказок. Вам предлагается озвучить небольшие эпизоды на английском языке.)
10. Our favourite competition: to find the proverb (Наша любимое соревнование: (Наша любимое соревнование: найти соответствие пословицы)
1. A tree is - known by its fruit. 2. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 3. A good beginning makes a good ending. 4. A great ship asks for deep waters. 5. All is well that ends well 6. All is not gold that glitters.
Keys : 1.От яблони - яблоко, от ели - шишка. Дерево познается по плоду. 2. Друзья познаются в беде. 3. Лиха беда начало. 4. Большому кораблю - большое плавание. 5. Все хорошо, что хорошо кончается. 6. Не все то золото, что блестит.