In 1835 the Egyptian government has organized «Service of antiquities of Egypt» to put an end to plunders in places of archeological excavations and to rescue invaluable finds. The first collection of masterpieces has soon been collected.
In 1858 Egyptologist Ogjust Mariet has based a museum in Bulake where the collection has been exposed. After in 1878 because of flooding many exhibits have been damaged, and their part is stolen, Mariett has initiated to construct the big museum for storage of antiquities.
In 1880 by order of Ismaila-plow exhibits have been transported and before the termination of building of a new museum remained in a wing of its palace in Giza