CONTENT Information Report and production Competitors Model range Features
BMW is Bavarian Motor Works is a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company founded in It also owns and produces Mini cars, and is the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. BMW produces motorcycles under BMW Motorrad. Company motto is «The Ultimate Driving Machine» and «Sheer Driving Pleasure».
REPORT Total employees - 105,876 (2012) Revenues for 2012 amounted to billion, net profit billion In 2012, the BMW group produced 1,861,826 automobiles and 125,284 motorcycles across all its brands.
PRODUCTION It is reported that about 56% of BMW-brand vehicles produced are powered by petrol engines and the remaining 44% are powered by diesel engines. Of those petrol vehicles, about 27% are four-cylinder models and about nine percent are eight-cylinder models. BMW also has local assembly operation using complete knock down components in Russia, for 3, 5, 7 series and X3.
COMPETITORS BMW is part of the "German Big 3" luxury automakers, along with Audi and Mercedes-Benz, which are the three best-selling luxury automakers in the world.
MODEL RANGE The model range of company BMW contains: Sedans; Coupes; Convertibles; Roadsters; Crossovers; SUVs.