Volgograd is a town in the South-East of European Russia and the administrative center of Volgograd oblast, with a population of people. Hero City, place of the battle of Stalingrad. City with 1589 to 1925 years was called Caricyn, and from 1925 to 1961 years Stalingrad. Located on the Western Bank of the Volga River in the lower reaches. However, located on the East Bank of the Volga and the cities located in the Volgograd are a of Krasnoslobodsk.
The building of the Kazan Church (Voroshilov district, Dar-mountain) built in (Church consecrated , 2007). In November 1999, the Cathedral celebrated its centenary. Originally it was a cemetery church built churchgoers in three years under the leadership of John Nicholas protoirea. Later, in 1904, the refectory and the Bell Tower were added. The temple is built in the typical for the time traditions. Elevations resolved in masonry, using mostly of molded parts. The overall style of architecture the building feature eclectical, typical for the end of the 19th century. During the fighting in the town in 1942, the Church was severely damaged. In 1946, it was restored under the direction of architect Simbirceva with maximum approximation to the original mind, and later consecrated and painted. During the time the building was used for its intended purpose. In 1954, the Decree of Patriarch Alexy, the Church was erected in the Cathedral. It bears the name of the miracle-working icon of our Lady, which is considered the patron of Russia in hard times. According to legend, she has kept the country in troubled times the Polish invasion, it carried a procession around the capital on the eve of the battle of Moscow in 1941, it was spread around Stalingrad, accompanied by the Holy fathers on the eve of the decisive battle.
The first station at Tsaritsyn was wooden. The brick building was built later. During the fierce fighting during the battle of Stalingrad station building was demolished. In the 50 's, this place was built the current building. Designed it Volgograd branch railroad in The authors of the project architects and s. Kurowski V. 3. Briskin, engineer Alexander Kadilnikova. Construction was carried out from July 1951 MEAS Glavzeldorstroem to May 1954, June 2, 1954, the building was put into permanent operation. The three-storey building with ground floor leads to a tower with a Spire. Walls brick, Ferro-concrete overlappings. The facades are clad in granite and Inkerman stone, partly plastered; mainly in the interior walls are lined with marble. Ceilings in the halls are decorated with stucco cornices, rosettes, caissons imitate the antique. The mural on the heroics of war and peace work, performed by artists I. Skrepkovym, v. Krylov, e. Merpertom. Sculptural groups and bas-reliefs at the station are made by m. d. and n. a. Pavlovskimi and n. Bezrukovym. The building's monumental forms of architecture decided post-war years. It forms the clap and is the final accent of the enfilade of the Volga area and buildings all over the central part of the city-hero. In 1997, the building of the railway station recognized landmark.
On the Central Quay is building the Volgograd River station. It is the largest facility of this type in Europe; length of the building almost equals the length of the red square in Moscow and is 296 m, width – 36 m, and the height to the top point-47 m to the station can simultaneously approaching 6 motor ships. Waiting room can accommodate 700 people, and the port, probably still "do not forget those days when it was the largest passenger loads port on the Volga. In a river-boat station is the city's central Concert Hall.
In the first gateway zuevsky Volga-Don ship canal. The square took its name in 1920, when there were buried the victims of the white terror, 55. In next to the tomb of heroes of the civil war were buried the defenders of Stalingrad, fallen in battle. Reportedly, in a mass grave with more than 100 dead.