II Look at the list of places and underline which of them are in London
III Listen to the texts and match them with the names
1. You can see it from the river Thames. Its very old. This place has a long and cruel history. It isnt just one building. It has a history of blood – the blood of men, women and children. Now the Kings and the Queens of Britain dont live there.
2. Its the place where British kings and queens live when they are in London. When the Queen is inside you can see the flag over it. Important visitors often go to this place. They meet Queen Elizabeth and the royal family there. A lot of tourists go to visit this place. They stand outside and see the Changing of the Guard
3. They stand beside the river Thames. You can also see them from Westminster Abbey. The countrys leaders speak at this place. The famous clock Big Ben stands near them.
4. Its one of the famous bridges across the Thames. It was built in Its next to the Tower of London. It opens and ships go up and down the river Thames.
5. This park is the property of the royal family. It is famous for its outdoor entertainments and its Speakers Corner. On a Sunday morning you can make a speech about something you believe to be very important.
6. Its a place where different meetings take place. In the middle of this square there is Nelson Column.