1 Развивать умения и навыки устной речи: - учить сравнивать объекты, используя предложения : In the city houses are taller than in the country; - учить вести диалог-расспрос, задавая вопросы типа: Which is the biggest city? - учить употреблять в речи прилагательные, образующие степени сравнения не по правилу: good-better-(the) best 2 Совершенствовать грамматические навыки.
One syllable -er, -est Two syllables ending in –y,-w,-er -er, -est + + -y -i Long - longer than -the longest of/in Happy - happier than-the happiest of/in REMEMBER!
She is taller…her sister.than My picture is … most beautiful of all. the The cat is fatter… the dog. than TWO or MORE SYLLABLES MORE… - THE MOST… Beautiful-more beautiful than - the most beautiful of/in Interesting –more interesting than –the most interesting of/in We use THAN with the comparative and THE… OF/IN with the superlative
Weу use comparative to compare two people or things and the superlative to compare three or more people or things 1. Jenny is…/young/than Mary. younger 2. Jenny is…/young/ of all.the youngest 3. London is…/big/ city in England.the biggest
good bad much many little -better than – the best of/in -more than –the most of/in -less than –the least of/in -more than - the most of/in -worse than – the worst of/in REMEMBER!
far old old (for the members of the family) -further than – the furthest of/in -further/farther than -the furthest/farthest of/in -older than – the oldest of/in -elder + noun (e.g.my elder brother but my brother is older than me) Further= more Further/farthest= longer(in distance)
Some one-syllable adjectives of abstract meaning /clear, wise, clever, stupid, gentle etc./ -er/-est or more/most clever- cleverer than- the cleverest of/in or more clever than -the most clever of/in clear – clearer than-the clearest of/in or more clear than - the most clear of /in
1. Marry is …than Ann. A. thinner B. the thinnest C. more thin 2. His bike is…beautiful of all. A. moreB. the most C. beautifuler 3. An elephant is…than a lion. A. bigger B. the biggestC. more big СHOOSE THE RIGHT ANSWER
4. My sister is…than me. A. eldest B. older C. elder Never use elder with than ! 5. Kate talks …than Ann. A. the loudestB. more loud C. louder 6. Sarah is …daughter in our family. A. the youngest B. more young C. younger
7. Today it is …than yesterday. A. more cold B. the colderC. colder 8. Tom is …than his brother. A. cleverer B. more cleverC. the cleverest 9. My house is…than my friends one. A. father B. furtherC. more far 10. Mr Green is … person in their family. A. the most interestingB. more interestingC. interesting
11. January is …month of the year. A. the coldestB. the most cold C. colder 12. This is …song of all. A. badB. the worst C. worse 13. That is…programme on television. A. bestB. the bestC. better
CORRECT THE SENTENCES: 1. I think English ismore interesting the most interesting 2. My Maths teacher is very cleverer. clever 3. Our town iselder older 4. My bag isbiger bigger 5. This flower isgood the best subject of all. than Moscow. than my mothers one. of all.
3. Michael Vince, Advanced Language Practice. Macmillan Publishers Limited Macmillan English Dictionary for advanced learners Jenny Dooley, Virginia Evans. GRAMMAR WAY. -Express Publishing, Raymond Murphy. English Grammar in Use. -Cambridge University Press, Использованные ресурсы: