* When do we use…? * GO – if you speak about sport ending in – ing. (e.g. I go swimming.) * PLAY – if you speak about ball games (or chess). (e.g. I play football.) * DO – if you speak about other sports. (e.g. I do athletics.)
What sport can we… GO? skating handball ice – hockey karate PLAY? aerobics gymnastics judo swimming DO? football athletics tennis basketball
* Check yourself: * GO – skating, swimming; * PLAY – ice – hockey, tennis, football, handball, basketball; * DO – aerobics, judo, karate, gymnastics, athletics.
* Complete the sentences using do, play, or go. * 1. Every morning I _________ jogging. * 2. On Saturday mornings my brothers ________ football. * 3. I _______ gymnastics on Saturdays. * 4. My mother and I ___________ aerobics every week. * 5. My father and mother _________ golf at the weekend. * 6. In winter we ________ skiing. * 7. In summer we ________ tennis and ________ swimming.
* Write down only a name. * a) Who is fond of training brains? * b) Who likes training football? * c) Who likes figure skating? * d) Who keeps fit for health and good figure? * e)Who hates competing? * f) Who is fond of many kinds of sport?
* Answer the questions. * a) What is Ann's ambition? * b) Why doesnt Alison like sports? * c) How does Alex spend his spare time? * d)Why doesnt Ann often attend classes of aerobics? * e) Where does Peter play football?
* e.g. * Is it a team sport/game? * Do you use a ball? * Do you compete with the others? * Is it a water sport? * Is it… (swimming)?
* HOME ASSIGNMENT * Write about your favourite kind of sports using the writing guide: * My favourite kind of sports is…. * I think that…. * I go (play, do)… every … (two times a week). * I want to… (take part in…, win cups, medals…).