Ilya Repin Isaac Levitan William Hogarth Ilya Glazunov Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin Karl Brullov Ivan Shishkin Nikas Safronov Leonardo de Vinci Every portrait which is painted with feeling, is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. Oscar Wilde
Quiet Abode March Pless. Evening Golden Autumn After Rain Birch Grove
William Hogarth was a great English painter and engraver. A Rakes Progress Marriage A- la -Mode The Shrimp Girl The Graham Children Hogarths Servants He wanted his paintings to be like a play. His portraits show the harmony in color.
1. Tretyakov Gallery a) New York 2. Louvre b) London 3. Hermitage c) Moscow 4. Dresden Gallery d) Paris 5. Prado e) St Petersburg 6. Tate Gallery f) Madrid 7. Metropolitan Museum g) Dresden
Official name Federal Cultural Institution "The State Hermitage" Legal address Dvortsovaya Naberezhnaya, 34 St Petersburg, Russia Director Mikhail Borisovich Petrovsky. Director Visitors. In 2011 about 3 million people. The collection contains items, including: paintings, works of graphic art, sculptures, archeological objects,numismatics and other exhibit items. The museum was founded in 1764 when Empress Catherine the Great purchased a collection of Flemish and Dutch paintings (225) from the Berlin merchant Johann Ernest Gotzkowski. The museum's storerooms, exhibitions, departments and services are housed in 10 buildings, one of them is Winter Palace.
1. Who founded the Gallery? 2. When was the Gallery founded? 3. How many canvases are there in the Gallery? 4. What painters are represented in the Gallery? 5. Does the gallery contain sculptures?
1. V.Perov 2. K.Briullov 3. I.Repin 4. A.Rublev 5. V.Vasnetsov c)The Hunters on a Halt a)Trinity b)Alenushka e)Zaporozhye Cossacks writing a letter to the Turkish Sultan d)The Last Days of Pompeii
6. I.Shishkin 7. A.Savrasov 8. Rembrandt van rein 9. I.Aivazovsky 10. Leonardo de Vinci g)Mona Lisa f)The Night Watch h)Morning in a Pine Wood i)Rooks have arrived j)The Ninth Wave
1. c 2. d 3. e 4. a 5. b 6. h 7. i 8. f 9. J 10. g