1. My father/start/a new job My father has started a new job. 2. Tom and David/go/to London 3. We/do/our homework We have done our homework. Tom and David have gone to London.
4. She/open/the window She has opened the window. 5. We/come/home We have come home. 6. I/buy/a bag I have bought a bag.
YOU CAN USE THE PRESENT PERFECT WITH JUST, ALREADY, YET.
Answer the questions. Use the verb in brackets + just/ already/ yet. Would you like something to eat? No, thanks. ………………(just /eat) a banana. No, thanks Ive just eaten a banana.
1. Do you know where Tim is? Yes,…………………..(just/see) Yes, I have just seen him. 2. When will Ann come ? She ………………..(already/come) She has already come. 3. Did you like the breakfast? No,………………….(eat/yet) No, I havent eaten it yet.
4. Will Pam visit her granny tomorrow? No, she has already visited her granny. No, she…………..(already/visit) 5. Have you done your homework? No,…………………………(yet/do) No, I havent done it yet.
Open the brackets: (Present Perfect or Past Simple). Where is your cat? I dont know. (see) I have not seen it. For example:
1.I….. very tired two hours ago, so I went to sleep. (be) Think, please: I was very tired two hours ago, so I went to sleep 2.Mary.….shopping twenty minutes ago. (go) Mary went shopping twenty minutes ago.
3. Is Pam here?(just/go out) No, she has just gone out 4. They are still eating their breakfast. (not/eat) They havent eaten it yet.
5. Nick Is doing his homework. (not do) Nick hasnt done his homework 6. Ann…….me her book yesterday. (give) Ann gave me her book yesterday.
Make sentences from the words in brackets. Use the Present Perfect or Past Simple. (it/rain/this week) It has rained this week.
1. (it cold/last week) It was cold last week. 2. (I/not/read/a newspaper yesterday) I did not read a newspaper yesterday.
3.(I (not/read) a newspaper today. I havent read a newspaper today. 4. (She/not/eat/her dinner /yet) She has not eaten her dinner yet
Read this letter from London. Dear, David and Anna, Hi! How are you? We are having a wonderful time in London. We are staying in a hotel in the centre of London. We have already done a lot of things. We have watched the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.
We have listened to a concert in St. James Park. We have visited St.Pauls Cathedral, but not Westminster Abbey.
We have been to Tower Bridge, but we have not been to The Tower of London yet. We are going there tomorrow. See you soon! Love Tom and Emma.
1. What have Tom and Emma already done? Changing of the Guard (watch) St. James Park (listen to a concert)
They have listened to The concert in St. James Park. They have watched the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.
Tower Bridge (to be) St. Pauls Cathedral (to visit)
They have visited St. Pauls Cathedral They have been to Tower Bridge
1.What havent Tom and Emma done yet? Westmister Abbey (not/visit) The Tower of London (not to be)
They havent visited Westminster Abby yet. They havent been to the Tower of London yet.
A WHALE OF A TIME KEN You are going whale watching! Have you ever seen a whale? PASCAL Yes, we have. Our father studies whales so weve already seen a lot of lot of them from boats. But we havent seen a whale underwater yet. KEN Are you scared? Pascal No. Humpback whales only eat plankton and small fish - not people. KEN And where are you going to watch these whales? ANNIE In the USA KEN Have you been there before? PASKAL Yes, we have. Our father has lived there for five years and we visit him every school holiday with our mum. KEN Are you ready for this trip? PASKAL Yes, we are. Our mum has already left. Shes been in the USA with our dad since the weekend. They have just bought new underwater cameras. KEN This is a beautiful photo of a humpback whale. ANNIE Yes. These whales love jumping out of the water. And have you heard our recording of a humpback whales song? KEN No, I havent. ANNIE Well, humpback whales are very gentle and romantic. They sing love songs. Lets listen.
THE TASK: SAY TRUE OR FALSE: 1. Pascal and Annie have never seen a whale before. False. Pascal and Annie have seen lots of whales before. 2.They have seen whales underwater. False. Tthey havent seen whales underwater. 3. Pascal and Anna have never visited the USA. False. They have been to the USA before. 4.They have shown Ken a photo of a humpback whale. True 5. Ken has heard their recording False. He has not heard the recording. 6. Humpback whales sing songs. True
HOME TASK CHOOSE THE CORRECT TENSE 1. She (has left/left) school last year. 2. Im sorry. I ( havent finished/didnt finish) my work yet. 3. We (saw/have seen) a good film yesterday. 4. I (have read/read) a lot of books when I was at school.