* Communication is key. Maybe we teachers need to re- think our approach to teaching at times. I know this is highly controversial subject, which is why Im writing about it.
* On the one hand, we do teach traditionally, with all the tenses, the articles, the plural forms, the idioms. We teach the select few who choose languages as their future profession, and we teach all our students who likes and who dislikes our subject, and because they want to get good grades at their final exams. On the other hand, we try to do the best we can for those who seem to be uninterested and unteachable. Last time with the rapid development of ICT, languages collectively, and English in particular, seem to have become more important and more modern.
Id like to say, that these courses are really great for language and learning. Benefits for teachers are evident. Every day was full of information. For example, I liked the lectures of Kondratenko Alexander Petrovich. Through the presentation, containing the information, which Ive learned through those lectures, my students have learned a lot about history of Great Britain and the USA.
* Thanks a lot to the librarians who told about American corner and gave us a lot of useful websites. Now, I often use the site One-minute world news of BBC during my lessons. This site is the most flexible and may be used in different ways. There is not only audio but also video. I like giving lessons based on this podcast.
* Podcast is like a new – fangled device but has appeared to be efficient and amazing. As teachers, we are always looking for more motivating sources and Ive found introducing podcasts into our classroom is a challenge most language teachers can appreciate. My students keen on this site too. And I have variety of lessons devoted to the news that I think not only improve English but also educate students in different ways and broaden their horizons.
The presentation of Kochenkova Olga Michalovna was very inspirational. Her methods of teaching I try to use on my lessons, and these methods make lessons more creative and interesting.
* Having visited the school Sophia Ive realized that without informational technologies (for example interactive board) the lesson cant be realized. Having worked in school for 1 year I understood that children perceive the information through the pictures, games, videos, podcasts especially if it is can be seen on the interactive board which gives them opportunity to do different tasks. The teachers in this school share with a lot of interesting ideas, experience and additional materials which can be used in class to tech extensive and intensive skills.
You are amazing! Youre living life like a marathon, not a sprint –youre the grittiest people on Earth who having a lot on their plate every day keep mentoring, stimulating, provoking, revitalizing, fostering their students; providing an almost 24/7 climate control for making their seeds grow. Thanks a lot for courses. Ive learned a lot of useful and new information and materials, which I use on my lessons.
My presentation I would like to end with the quotation