The first mentions of the city belong to 1127, in Lavrenti's chronicles. And a year later it is described in the Ipatyevsky chronicle, as the fortress of the principality Polotsk. Pioneer settlements in this place being in the district of the settlement of Staroborisov, burned down after the strongest fire. The archeological excavations which are carried out in this territory show events of these times. The new city was built up some kilometers below on the river bank. On a place of merge of Berezina and Prilyi on the small island constructed the lock which existed more a shestist of years. The lock was wooden and earth strengthening. It was surrounded by the deepest ditch with water. There were years and constructions expanded. In the XIX century on a place of completely decayed lock constructed new prison fortress. Now here the monument of architecture of historical and cultural value is located.
The geographical position of the city was and remains so successful that in the XIII century it is among the developed trade and craft centers. And at the end of the century Borisov is a part of the Grand Lithuanian duchy. Feudal duties remained in the city until in 1563 it didn't receive the Magdebourg right for self-government from Sigismund (Grand duke). And right after it the territory is a part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Wars so many time took place in the territory of Borisov that the city didn't manage to build up as it was destroyed again and devastated. Interstine fight of princes, wars of Russia and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Northern War, two World wars and local battles were reflected in appearance and culture of the city.
One of the most gloomy and bloody pages in the history of Napoleonic wars, became fight on the Berezinsky crossing near the city. And near the village of Studenka brightly tell about old events. There are fragments of artillery troops constructed here before Napoleon's attack. These batteries are also the first historical monument in Borisov. In 1926 the state took it under protection.
The basis of Borisov ascends by the beginning of the XII century (1102) and is connected with a name of the Polotsk prince Boris Vseslavich. As the strengthened settlement of the Polotsk earth for the first time is mentioned in Lavrentyevskaya (1127) and in Ipatyevskaya chronicles (1128). In the XIII century I was a part of Grand Duchy of Lithuania. More than three hundred years the city was the privately owned settlement of magnates Oginskikh and Radzivillov, since 1793 as a part of the Russian Empire. Borisov received the coat of arms on June 14, 1792 from the last king of the Polish and grand duke Lithuanian Stanislav Augustus Ponyatovsky. And less than in three years, on January 22, 1796, the empress Catherine II the decree "most highly I claimed" new edition of a heraldic symbol of the district city of Borisov of the Minsk province: "In the top part of a board the coat of arms Minsk (a two-headed eagle under an imperial crown with the coat of arms of Minsk on a breast). In lower the coat of arms given by the Polish King Stanislav Augustus: two military towers with gate, between them put in a silver field, and over it Saint Peter the Apostle, on a cloud standing who holds keys in the right hand is visible". On January 29, 1999 the Borisovsky city council of deputies approved the new, present coat of arms of Borisov: "In a silver field of a "baroque" board on the green earth a silver wall between two towers with red domes, over which on a silver cloud the standing Saint Peter with two keys in a hand".
The business card of the city locals call the beautiful Sacred Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ built in 1874 by the architect P. Merkulov. There is it on the former market square (the modern area of 900 anniversaries of Borisov). However, stone malls round a cathedral remained to this day. Nine domes of the temple surely are present in memorable photos of city visitors.
At distance literally 500m from an orthodox Cathedral there is one more sight of Borisov - a church of Christmas of Virgin Mary of 1806
To the 900 anniversary of Borisov near a cathedral the monument to the founder of the city was established, to the prince Boris. It is collaboration of the sculptor Artimovich and architects Kowalewski and Morozov. Round a market square building of the 19th eyelid remained: small ancient houses breathe history and immerse in the pre- revolutionary atmosphere.
On 3rd Internatsionala Street there is a building of the former synagogue "Hevra Tegelim" one more monument of architecture in style of constructivism. The synagogue was constructed at the beginning of the 20th century, today it isn't used for designated purpose.
The Shukhovsky water tower, possesses a special design. Such towers around the world only 12 pieces
From batteries which had to protect the city from French now there were only ravines and a small monument.
In five minutes of walking from Batteries there is a borisovsky museum of local lore
The church of Christmas of Virgin Mary the Church constructed at the beginning of the XIX century in forms of architecture of classicism is altered: the tower of the main facade which was absent till 1990th was newly attached.
Synagogue "Hevre tyly" In 1911 in Borisov the synagogue "By Hevre tyly" was constructed. The building remained almost in original state. In 1994 educational society "Light of a Menorah" on official permission of the Executive Committee of the City Soviet of People's Deputies established the corresponding security sign there "The Ministry of Culture of Belarus. Synagogue "Hevre tyly". It is constructed in Architecture monument. It is protected by the state".
The monument to tank crew of P. Rak is on the Hospital street of Borisov, the Minsk region, Belarus. The monument is devoted to crew of the tank, Heroes of the Soviet Union of guard of Pavel Nikolaevich Rak, guard of the staff sergeant A.A. Petryaev and guard of the sergeant A.I. Danilov who were killed in battles on June 30, 1944, at release of the city from fascist aggressors. The IS-2 tank is installed on an inclined surface of a pedestal in an environment of the green avenue with trees and bushes. Round a monument the asphalted paths are laid and benches for rest are established.