Презентация на тему: " Jelgava Jelgava is a town in central Latvia about 41 km southwest of Riga with 66,087 inhabitants. It is the largest town in Zemgale. River Lielupe flows." — Транскрипт:
Jelgava Jelgava is a town in central Latvia about 41 km southwest of Riga with 66,087 inhabitants. It is the largest town in Zemgale. River Lielupe flows throught the Jelgava city.
History Jelgava was originally named Mitau until 1917 year. The Livonian settlement Jelgava began development between the rivers Lielupe and Driksa during the 10th century. Led by the Grand Master Konrad von Mander, the crusading Livonian Order constructed the castle in Mitau on a natural island fortification (Pilssala) in Using Mitau as a southern fortress, the German knights subdued the surrounding Livonians and Semigallians by The town rose in importance as a defensive fixture against the Lithuanians to the south, who succeeded in plundering Jelgava in 1345.
Jelgava Palace This wonderful in Pribaltiс standard of lock is in the best traditions of baroque, with all of inherent style by a luxury and splendor. He was booked by Biron at great Rastrelli – the most famous architect of the Russian tsar's court. Building lasted long years and in two stages - from and from Realization of such grandiose project required enormous money facilities, and in addition, in 1741 of Biron was exiled to Siberia, all of it put on the brakes a building process on long 23. Then, after an interruption, Rastrelli charged to continue the prosecution of lock to the Danish architect to Severinu Yensenu. Yensen gave a palace some lines of classicism. To the internal maid of palace also a local artist Barinzen, German sculptor И.М, attached a hand. Count and Italian artist of dandzheli. For the history a lock repeatedly accepted the most prominent persons in the luxurious main halls - in 1779 at a lock a legendary count Kaliostro, future king of France Lui.
Villa Medem Another certificate of aristocratic the pas of Jelgava is most beautiful Villa Medem. A villa was built in 1818, to serve as the summer residence of count Medem. Executed in the best architectural traditions of Europe, it is considered one of the brightest sights of Jelgava.
Church of Sainted Ann The church of Sainted Ann belongs to latvian lutheran community. It the oldest building of city, built in style of renaissance. The fact of erection of church is confirmed in 1567 A wooden church existed already with 1573, and a modern stone structure is erected in a period from 1638 to 1641 A majestic tree grows near the church of Sainted Ann – planted in honour Martin Lutera oak. In 1910 a church was adorned by the picture of Janis Rozental " Christ and samaritians".